Yesterday, the 10th of November, was the anniversary of Adam's proposal of marriage. Seeing as how I am an extreme sentimentalist, I insisted that we celebrate this event. Adam feels similarly as I do and therefore I didn't have to persuade him too much.
One year ago, Orem was uncharacteristically warm for November. I still remember a few trees had green on them. The skies were blue and there was a pleasant breeze. In other words, it was a perfect day. I had no idea how perfect at the time.
I cannot remember much of the morning on that day, but around 2:00, Adam announced he was feeling restless and wanted to go out and do something. He mentioned going miniature golfing and I thought that sounded fun, so we went to Trafalga. We listened to our love song mix on the way, which wasn't unusual.
When we arrived, I started to turn off the car, but Adam stopped me, saying he wanted to finish listening to the song that was playing. That song was "Everything" by Lifehouse. I thought nothing of his request and sat back to enjoy the music. Adam reached into his pocket, something that he does often to shift the items within to settle more comfortably, so I wasn't prepared when he pulled out a little white box.
The rest of the story here is personal, the memories too dear to find words to describe them, but I obviously said yes.
We did actually golf after that, though I did terribly due to the distractingly shiny diamond on my finger.
Afterwords, we went to my parents' house and did our best to act casual. Cubby came right up to us and started to tell us about something while staring at the ring on my hand, her mind not making the connection. Mom asked me why I was smiling so big and my dad, the observant man that he is, said, "look at her hand." The room exploded with excitement and my memory gets a little blurred for an hour or so. It was after we went to show Adam's parents that we were official that he suprised me with a romantic dinner at Olive Garden.
And so, for our anniversary, we went to Trafalga around 2:30 and played "Everything" while we sat in the parking lot. Due to circumstances out of our control, we were unable to go to dinner last night. So we went to dinner at Olive Garden this evening instead.
I know Adam and I are the anniversary King and Queen, but there is something special in celebrating each month of our lives together, and spending a day, remembering and reliving the romance.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for this post. It was sweet for me to walk down such a sweet memory lane. It was a special day. Congrats you two. Glad you were able to celebrate it!!! Love ya! OXOXOXOXOXOXO
It's normal to celebrate each month. It is fun and important. Ty and I still do that :)
Congratulations on your engagment anniversary! You guys are such a cute couple!
Post a Comment