Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Lights

I forgot to mention in my recap of the week that I also put up our Christmas lights. Yes, you Scrooges and Kranks, I put up Christmas lights before Thanksgiving. Sue me. I’d put them up in August if I could. I love Christmas! It’s my favorite time of year, and I have no problem starting it early. Jenn and I have already watched eight Christmas movies this month. She used to be a bit of a Scrooge herself, but I converted her. She says I’m a cross between Clark Griswold and the Ghost of Christmas Present (specifically the Muppet version, but minus the "large, absent-minded" part) because I take Christmas so seriously, and love it so much.



We’re working on getting a tree and other decorations, but these will do for now. Expect our blog to be Christmasized soon too.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Your lights look awesome! We put lights on our house last Saturday. This past saturday I put the tree up, but I am still working on putting on the lights and decorating it. Hopefully we will get it done today. A lot of our neighbors had their lights on before we did, so I think you are in the majority in putting them up before Thanksgiving this year.

Mama Llama-Karen said...

That looks so nice. I'm glad you were able to get it done before you got sick. I have a nice place to put up lights, but we don't have any that work anymore, and I'm worried that if we look like we are really into Christmas, we might get robbed in this neighborhood. Ugh! Not sure what to do. I can at least enjoy pictures of yours!!!!!!!