Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Sweet 16, Trevor!

Although we haven't given this much attention to anyone else's birthday, nor do we condone favoritism in any way, Trevor is the first of my nephews to turn 16, and I felt the need to say something during this monumental occasion. And I'm sure I will have just as much to say when Taylor turns 16 next year, and for the rest of the nieces and nephews as they follow.


Trevor was born when I was 10 years old. 10 years and 15 days, to be exact - Trevor was actually born on my due date, November 9th. He's old enough to be my little brother, and in many ways, we has always been like the little brother I never had. I may have been young when he was born, but it still seems like it wasn't that long ago. And it absolutely blows my mind that he is now on the verge of adulthood.

But what's more amazing, is to see the person he has become. I have witnessed him transform from a tiny baby, who immediately started to cry the very first time I held him; to a terrible-twos brat that pulled my hair; to a sarcastic little kid; to an awkward preteen; and finally, a mature, intelligent, athletic, kind, laid back young man.

Trevor, you are such a great guy, and I'm very proud of you. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Mama Llama-Karen said...

It's amazing all the changes we go through as we grow up, and it hopefully never ends. I love what you did here for your nephew. Very cool! Trevor is lucky to have you as an Uncle/Big Brother.