As I am sure you have noticed (who wouldn't), we have a fabulous new header. I still look at it with awe and I have seen it from the beginning. Adam looks at it and still says, "It will do for now." When we started thinking about header ideas we had a whole list of possibilities that Adam began to tinker with right away. Then we thought, what about Pirate theme? That became the main focus and the header you see in front of you is the "let's make it match our background NOW, and make it cool LATER" header. I still think it is pretty cool all by itself, but the more Adam does to it, the more I think it CAN get cooler. I can't wait until he finishes this particular project and shows it off to the world (our very small and exclusive world).
Thanks to everyone for your nice comments about the new header. "A craftsman is always pleased to hear his work is appreciated." (Will Turner)
As my wife mentioned, this is not the vision I had in mind when I started. But since I haven't finished, or even begun the new background and layout yet, I had to create something that matched the current color scheme.
With the amount of time it took, I could have done it in a single day, but I was also working on at least 12 other projects at the same time. My mind goes absolutely bonkers if I focus on one thing for too long. I actually completed another header and background theme that we probably won't use because only Cubby, Taylor, McKenna, and the two of us would fully appreciate it (Animal Crossing).
If you're wondering how I did it, here you go... First, I took a picture of Jenn, and she took a picture of me. Then I used this Dead Man's Chest promo pic, and stuck our faces on it. This was the hardest part because Keira Knightley has such a wide face, and Jenn has a narrow face. I had to move Keira's ear over an inch and fix her hair to cover the change. On the other side, I had to re-create a finger that Keira's cheek was covering, then squeeze the rest of her face.
Turning Orlando Bloom into me was fairly easy, I just had to cut his square jawline a little. Then I gave us a tan to match their skin tones, and did a lot of blending and feathering to hide the lines of where their faces ended and ours began. Then I had to erase the background, which was also a challenge because of all the individual strands of hair. I then put it on top of a re-colored version of this picture, added text and a few more effects, and... DONE!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The more I look at your header, and blog in general, the more I lament the fact that I can't seem to do anything cool with mine. UHG! You have a real talent Adam; and Jenn, I know how it feels to stand in awe of your hubby. Pretty amazing!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment