The most significant change was last month when Jenn's parents and younger siblings moved to Longmont, Colorado, where her dad works at the library as the systems administrator, and is waiting to be promoted to director. It's been more than a little rough on Jenn with her family being gone. She's a very family-oriented person, and she greatly misses her Dad and Mama Llama/Muffycups, Didymus, Toadface, and Cubbalub. She also misses her little brother, Kenny, who is currently serving in the LDS Florida Jacksonville Mission. However, her older brother and his wife, Ty and Cami, are still around and living in Provo.

When Jenn married me, she officially became the aunt of my six nephews and five nieces. On July 26th, the seventh nephew was born. To the left is Boston Guy Rowley.
My dad bought his dream car. His entire life he has wanted a brand new, red Corvette convertible. He's worked hard his whole life, and it's nice to see his dream finally come true. He also bought a Chevy Tahoe to pull his new trailer (below). Now the question is: What will he do with the Trans Am he already owns?
My oldest brother, Bret, bought a camping trailer some time ago. In this last month, Jeremy & Kalli, Sara & Mike, and my parents each bought their own. So they've been doing a lot of camping and 4-wheeling.
All three of my brother Jeremy's boys are now playing football, and we have been watching some of their games. Trevor, age 15 and pictured on the right (#60), has been playing for three years; Jordan, age 13, has been playing for two; and now Brady, age 7, is starting this year. Go Lehi Pioneers!
Meanwhile, Brody, Sara's oldest is playing "football" as it's known everywhere else in the world, but 'round these parts, we call it soccer.

Sara and her family got a dog named Teagan. He's a Labrador Retriever. And although he's only a puppy, he's big! He's the one on the right. Toby, Jeremy's dog, is the one on the left.
We spent Labor Day weekend at Park City in my parents' time-share condo. Here we are throwing the (wet) football to Jordan, who is in the pool.


That's all that's coming to mind...
In response to Jenn's last blog post, she is far too kind. But it really feels good to be designing again. I've actually done it for as long as I can remember. I used to use MacPaint on my parents' old Macintosh 128K, and created text-based (ASCII/PETSCII) images on my brother's Commodore 64 when I was no older than seven, possibly younger. Moved up to color with MS Paint on Windows 3.1. Learned how to use more complicated tools and effects with Adobe PhotoDeluxe. Then finally moved up to Adobe Photoshop, which I've used for at least 6 years. So any "skill" I have comes from years and years of practice, loneliness, and utter boredom.
And Jenn was right that I'd be the first to say I have many limitations. I've been out of practice for so long that I have forgotten a lot. I'm having to Google the simplest HTML tags and Photoshop tutorials. It's coming back though, and I'm loving it.

5 comments:
the pic of bostin is cute and has me in it
well mckenna has one, but she just left you a comment so now you have hers :)
I like the update. I would like to say though, that Steve is HOPING for the director position. We will see. As ever, life is full of surprises. You just never know.
Then, beside everything looking good and families having fun, I would just like to say... I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU PUT MUFFYCUPS ON YOUR BLOG! Somehow, someway I will find a way to make you pay! Scuttles! Moahahahahaha
OK. So, the header pic rocks! That is all that needs to be said.
Nice.
Ty and Cami
Your blog is sweet! Especially the welcome picture. I guess Melanie and I will have to get on board and start a family blog.
Bret and Mel
Post a Comment