The Burningham Clan is going to Disneyland. All 26 of us!
I’ve been writing in my head, trying to figure out how to explain to you all why I’m so excited for this trip. Obviously, I love Disneyland. I’ve been there countless times. Between mid-2005 and mid-2007, I went 8 times. Jenn and I honeymooned in Disneyland last year. And, yes, even after going that often, it still feels just as magical.
But this Disneyland trip is different. First, it’s been a very long time since my entire family has gone all at once. And when we did, there weren’t this many of us. Second, this is the first time I will be in Disneyland with my family AND Jenn.
Before Jenn came into my life, Christmas and Disneyland were the main things that still had the power to make me feel genuinely happy, even if it was just for a moment. There is a magic about Disneyland that you have to believe in to feel. But also, my family always has so much fun in Disneyland. The kids are so happy, and the adults have an excuse to act like children. It’s controlled insanity. Lots of silliness, but never too loud or over the top. I like that. Just enough to make the wives roll their eyes, but not have them reaching for the aspirin. That’s the perfect gauge if you ask me.
There are so many inside jokes and stories I could tell, but it would take way too long, and probably wouldn’t be funny to anyone but us... “Uuh To Joy”; “There’s two of him, apparently”; “We know who we are”; “bang!” instead of “freeze!”; the funky chicken; clicking heels; “the line to nowhere”; “Mr. Toad Goes To Hell”; “The Torturous Tiki Room”; “No, really, how many are there?”; “I smell puke”; tipping a Small World boat; marching; skipping; monkey walks; push-ups on napkins; reflective ears; bush benches; “Look up, and to the left”; “I left him with some guy - he said he’d watch him”; “Don’t eat me!”; “Have you seen my sombrero?”... Okay, I’ll stop now.
So then Jenn came into my life, and she made me genuinely happy. And when we went to Disneyland for our honeymoon, it was amazing, but... something was still missing. Don’t get me wrong. I will always look back on our honeymoon as my favorite Disneyland trip, but for different reasons. That was the happiest Disneyland trip I’ve ever had, and will ever have. But I’m hoping this trip will be the funnest trip I’ve ever had.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so cool! Disneyland is indeed magical! It's always better when shared with the one, or ones you love.
Can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it.
Have a great time!
Post a Comment