Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quick Trip To Park City

As most of you should know by now, my family has a timeshare in Park City. Every 8 weeks, we get a week, Thursday to Thursday. We had forgotten it was our week, even though the calendar is on our refrigerator. But on Monday, when my mom mentioned it was our week, and that no one else would be using it, we decided to go on a much-needed, almost free vacation. We dropped the fish off at Ty's and left that evening.

It was wonderful! The few days we were there, the weather was as consistent as a blonde woman's brain (only kidding), but when the sun was shining, it was very nice. We went swimming a couple of times, sipped lemonade while watching the golfers, fed some ducks and geese, walked down Main Street and through the outlet stores, and sometimes we just relaxed.

Jenn also got a sunburn for the first time in her entire life. I got sunburned too, and it sucks, but I've been burned dozens of times, so I'm used to it. She kept asking if it was normal to feel the way she did, how long they last, and what to do about it. It was pretty funny. I can't believe she has never experienced a sunburn before. She told me back when we were dating that she doesn't get sunburned, and I said I was jealous. Now she understands why.

Anyway, I snapped a few pictures one day...



One of the geese had a broken wing. At first it just looked twisted, but as it tried to flap its wings, we could see the bone sticking out. It was pretty sad. It kept swimming in circles. And the last picture is our traditional Park City picture that started back when we were dating and I took a picture of Jenn (black pigtails and all) in that same spot and same pose.

Update: Okay, so my sunburn was a lot worse than I thought. This seems to be the worse sunburn I have ever had. Not only because of the pain, but the ITCHING! I have never itched so bad before! Of course, because of the burn, it kills when I scratch. My whole back, my shoulders, and halfway down my arms - all itch. We ended up going to the doctor today it was so bad. And I'm sorry that I thought Jenn's sunburn was "funny". That sun was far more brutal than we thought.

2 comments:

Mama Llama-Karen said...

I've had one really bad burn that I can remember. back of my knees were literally purple. I had to sit on an airplane for 8 hours the next day. You just never forget that kind of pain. I had the stripe from where my dive knife had been strapped for at least 3 years.
I am so sorry that you two got burned so bad. I can sympathize! I hope you are doing better and don't peel for very long. You'll go from lobster people to snake people.

Mama Llama-Karen said...

P.S. I love traditional pose picture. I hope you are able to continue doing that for years to come.