Monday, April 6, 2009

Big, Big News

As Jenn mentioned in her last post, Friday morning was spent looking at houses with my parents. We have looked at quite a few condos, townhomes, and houses in the last few months. My parents have wanted to invest in some property for quite some time now, and we can’t afford to stay where we are now. So, the solution was for them to buy a place, and we will live in it, fix it up, and wait for the market to rise again.

The first place we looked at that day was a condo, which was fairly nice. Then we looked at a house, which was not so nice. At all! There was absolutely NOTHING good about it. Sure, it had walls and a roof, but those are the only positive things that can be said of that house. Especially not for the price they were asking. It was good that we saw that house first, though. Because it made the second home we saw absolutely shine. But that could have also been because it was, in fact, a nice house.

So nice that my parents made an offer. It wasn’t the first offer they had made through all of our house-hunting, but, oddly enough, this was the first one Jenn and I prayed over. Not necessarily that we would get the house, but that things would work out if this was the right place for us, and for peace of mind if it was not. Previous rejection had taken its toll on us, and we did not want the same thing to happen again.

Well, I never doubted the power of prayer, but now I have more reason to believe in it... The offer was accepted! Within 24 hours, no less. While it’s not a done-deal yet, it’s looking like it will be. And if all goes well, in a month, Jenn and I will be living in a home!

Now, if I may, I would like to express my thanks. Not only to my parents, who have gone above and beyond to help us, but also to the rest of my family for being so supportive. We know that this is not a little thing to happen to us. We are aware of how big of a blessing this is. I don’t know where I would be without all of you, nor do I want to know. The very idea makes me ill.

I love you guys. You may never hear me say it out loud, but please know that I do. And I rarely share my testimony of my faith in God, but I know Heavenly Father cares for me. I don’t always understand why, but I know He does.

2 comments:

Mama Llama-Karen said...

I too am extremely grateful to your loving and supportive parents and family. They are an exceptional people. Their example is ever encouraging.
Thank you for sharing your tender feelings. I know that can be hard to do, and it has touched me a lot. As your sweet wife's mother, I have often wished I could do more to help. Not being able to has been very hard at times. It makes me that much more grateful that your parents do what they do.
Congratulations to you all! I can't wait to take the tour!

Sara said...

Congrats on the house!! That will be awesome. Hopefully you will now be able to get some sleep without the noisy neighbors. Love you guys!